Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

converting to mp2 without doubling tracks in library?

I know how to convert itune library to MP3 format, but when I convert a song, I end up with both versions in my library under the same album. I need to convert music for my kids mp3 players but don't want double songs on my ipod, iphone, etc. Suggestions?

Windows XP

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 1:53 PM

3 replies

Jan 12, 2013 2:10 PM in response to slcht

I need to convert music for my kids mp3 players but don't want double songs on my ipod, iphone, etc. Suggestions?

iTunes, like every other conversion program that I have seen, creates a new version in the indicated format, but does not destroy the original. If you don't want the original, you can delete it manually.

Going forward, make sure that all music you purchase, rip, or otherwise acquire is in MP3 format. That way you will not have duplicates.

Dec 29, 2013 6:21 AM in response to Glenn Boley

Glenn Boley wrote:

Ed, you didn't read Sicht's question,

Glenn,

Yes I did. "Didn't read the question" and "didn't give the answer you wanted to hear" are not the same thing. 😉

If for some reason you are dead-set on using 2 different formats for your own music and your kids' music, then you can convert the files according to this document:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12367

converting to mp2 without doubling tracks in library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.