Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permissions(privileges?) issues on external hard drives

I use a thirdparty music software (Serato Itch) to access my iTunes library. I have the entire library saved on an external hard drive (including the library.xml files). When I access my library through the program it allows me to input cue points/loops/beatgrid information for each individual track that can be saved and recalled later for perfomance purposes. My issue is that some of that information will not save on select tracks.

I have another discussion going with the software developer, and they had me copy a couple of the tracks onto my desktop and add them back into the software, with the tracks that were on my desktop, saving was possible. I went into the external HD and used the 'Get Info' command on the music folder (2 levels in on my drive) to 'Update enclosed files' with read/write privileges for all accounts shown (Me/Staff/Everyone). This did nothing for saving. I already had my account with read/write on every folder/file in the drive.

I can't figure out why I can save this information on 80% of the tracks that are on my external drive but not the others. When I move the others to my desktop they save correctly, what is different about my desktop and how do I modify the file on the HD to allow me to save them correctly.

*I have consolidated my library several times from multiple different hard drives. Not sure if that messes up permission/privileges.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 12:49 PM

There are no replies.

Permissions(privileges?) issues on external hard drives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.