Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am composing using piano score and garangeband is randomly adding incorrect notes?

Garageband is play additional and incorrect notes when I playback the score I've written up till now. It is showing the correct notes on the score, and they sound correct when I touch them with the cursor. It is just incorrect on the playback. Why is this happening?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 2:46 PM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2013 2:16 PM in response to Funkyjeans

Thanks for responding!

The notes are the wrong pitch. I've looked in the piano roll, there are no visible errors.

In the score I have entered these notes:

Dflat, Aflat, Eflat, G, Aflat These are all entered in the bass clef. There is a rest in the treble clef.

I see the notes I've entered on the score, I see the piano roll is correct, but when I playback what I have already written, I hear a Bflat along with or instead of the notes I have entered. My key signature is 4 flats, and I have not entered a B on my score at that point. It is happening in several parts of the score. It seems that it keeps happening when there are rests in the treble clef. It seems fine when I have notes in the treble clef. If this is the reason this is happening, how can I enter notes below middle C that are played with the RH in the top staff? If this is not the reason, what is?

I am composing using piano score and garangeband is randomly adding incorrect notes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.