Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some of my audio works on the iMovie project and some tracks don't. It works if Clip Trimmer is open, but now if it is closed.

I have a project in imovie that only plays SOME of the audio clips. Other audio clips will only play if i have Clip Trimmer open. I tried exporting it, but it did not include the audio files that wouldn't play in iMovie. I imported the project I had exported and tried adding clips to it. Some of the audio files worked and some didn't. Any ideas?

iMovie '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 3:57 PM

2 replies

Mar 27, 2013 5:25 PM in response to wdoland

This happened to me and I am guessing it's because I had deleted some of the audio files off my computer, so I guess imovie didn't like that.

Anyways, what I did was delete all the sound tracks from imovie and then add them back in. imovie started playing the sound after that. It might be a bit of a pain, but I couldn't find any other way.

Hope that helps.

Mar 27, 2013 6:41 PM in response to wdoland

I would suggest converting all audio files to AIFF format. MP3 files are highly compressed and can be a problem in iMovie. AIFF files are uncompressed and work better.

If your music files are in iTunes, you can create an AIFF version there.

Go to iTunes/Preferences General Tab. Click on IMPORT SETTINGS and set it to Import Using AIFF Encoder.

(Remember what it used to be so you can come back and change it back later).

Now go to your audio tracks that you need in your movie and right-click on them. Select CREATE AIFF VERSION.

Some of my audio works on the iMovie project and some tracks don't. It works if Clip Trimmer is open, but now if it is closed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.