Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted videos still in iTunes

I set all my devices to manually manage so copy mp4 video files to my iPad and delete locally after I watch them. However, the deleted files still show in iTunes when I reconnect. The space usage seems to adjust appropriately on the iPad but I'm concerned the space isn't really freeing up and it could cause problems if I download something new. It's also a bit of a pain to have to delete every files twice. Is anyone else seeing this? Is there some setting I'm missing?

Thanks!!

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2013 7:09 PM

Just wanted to follow up on this. After some experimentation, I figured out iTunes only showed the deleted items until I ran a sync. Once I did that, iTunes would show the correct file listing. I'm guessing iTunes maintains it's own list of files cached for each device and doesn't update it until the sync job.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2013 7:09 PM in response to momiller

Just wanted to follow up on this. After some experimentation, I figured out iTunes only showed the deleted items until I ran a sync. Once I did that, iTunes would show the correct file listing. I'm guessing iTunes maintains it's own list of files cached for each device and doesn't update it until the sync job.

Deleted videos still in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.