Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand application missing.

GarageBand was loaded on my MacBook Pro when I bought it around 7 years ago. I never used it but I know it worked because my daughters used it all the time until they got their own computers. I updated to Snow Leopard several years ago and keep up-to-date, now version 10.7.5.

I checked Spotlight and found 3 GarageBand folders: the first is just a plain folder labeled GarageBand, the second is a folder labeled GarageBand but has a little black arrow on the lower left corner, and the third is GarageBand alias. I've dragged the two GarageBand folders into the Applications file but they just sit there when I click on them. They also remain as folders rather than the GarageBand icon. I've checked my two back-up systems and they have the same folders that are on the computer. I've also checked the trash can.

Because the application came with the original installation and was not a separate purchase of iLIfe, I really don't want to have to buy iLife unless there is no choice. I have the original installation disks and have the Snow Leopard OSX disk. As much as I don't want to pay for the application again, I dread reinstalling even more. I've had to do this twice and it was a nightmare.

I would be grateful for any help anyone can offer.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 9:51 PM

There are no replies.

GarageBand application missing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.