Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Category Title in a Chart

Hi, I've just started to use Numbers and have created my first spreadsheet out of the Weight Loss and Running template.

If I select the weight loss chart and select format and then x axis and switch on Title, the chart shows what looks like a default x axis title of "Category Title"

Where can I change this to be the title I want? I assume it comes from the table supplying the data but I cannot find it there.

Thanks,

John.

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 12:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 3:01 AM

I did say I'd just started using Numbers!

I see a double tap of the Category Title allows me to edit the default text. Obvious really. Except that it is slightly hard to tap it when the label is so close to the table selection border - the table tends to get selected.

3 replies

Jan 13, 2013 11:11 AM in response to AtkinsOnline

Hi John,

In the Mac version of Numbers, Category titles are picked up from the Header column (or Header row) nearest the data cells.

If the categories are in column A and the data in column B, Column A must be defined as a Header Column if Numbers is to recognize its content as category titles.

Set the number of Header columns (0 to 5) in the Table menu.

Convert the leftmost non-header column to a Header column using the pop-up menu in the column reference tab, visible when any cell in the table is selected.

Process on Numbers for iOS will be similar, but probably not identical.

Regards,

Barry

Category Title in a Chart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.