Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple gave a wrong iphone 5

Ok so I had a iphone 5 64gb which was unlocked and I was using it on tmobile by then it started freezing at randomly. When I would touch the screen it would not work so Snice I had warrenty I took it to apple and they swapped it out for a new one and I was pretty happy until i went home and realized it wasn't unlocked no more. I went home a checked the imei on this site and realized its sprint iphone 5 and now I'm stuck with this Snice I don't have the receipt neither do I have a carrier that supports this phone and apples asking for a proff. This is the worst thing every because now I have no phone and this phone is useless.

What can I do and have you had anything like this happen to you before if so please share.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 12:41 AM

7 replies

Jan 13, 2013 11:42 AM in response to KiltedTim

I'm from Seattle Washington and I got the phone from best buy yes I did go back to the store and they said that sprint iPhones can't be unlocked. But my other iphone that I had I was using it on tmobile that how i knew it was unlocked and this one can't be used on tmobile. I also went to bestbuy and they didn't do anything either it was just waste of gas

Jan 13, 2013 11:54 AM in response to Tejwant

Bestbuy does not sell unlocked phones. If you were using it on a carrier other than the one it was sold for, it was hacked. Sprint will only unlock the SIM slot for use with foreign carriers. You can't use a Sprint iPhone on any US carrier other than Sprint.

If you want to use T-Mobile, sell it to someone with Sprint and buy an unlocked phone directly from Apple.

Jan 13, 2013 4:25 PM in response to Tejwant

Nobody is saying that you are lying about using a Sprint iPhone on T-mobile.

What they are saying is that the iPhone was not unlocked but was hacked/

modified/jailbroken to work on T-mobile. Apple gave you a replacement that

matched the first iPhone in its factory condition which was locked to Sprint.

Be happy that your iPhone was replaced. Since it was hacked to work with

T-mobile, Apple would have been within its rights to refuse to replace your

iPhone.

Sell the replacement to someone who can use it on Sprint. Use the proceeds

toward a T-mobile iPhone.

Apple gave a wrong iphone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.