Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

clips have blacked out where text was deleted

I deleted several texts; now the clips below them have blacked out. Any suggestions, how to view the clips so work can continue? Thanx.

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Solid State

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 2:58 AM

4 replies

Jan 13, 2013 12:01 PM in response to Neil Sinclair

Thanks 4 your response. In the image below the playhead (barely visible, I'm afraid) is 90% of the way through the second clip (the clip following the transition). The previous frame is visible in the viewer. The next frame (pictured) is blacked out with still 10% of the clip yet to play. The blacked out portion is where a deleted title used to be. The third clip is visible in the viewer (it also had titles but the black outs have disappeared, explained below); however, it had a ken burn's effect which has disappeared. The second clip also has a ken burn's effect which is still in tact save the 10% blacked out portion. In the inspector, under compositing the opacity is at 100%. The blend mode is 'normal'.

User uploaded file

The third clip formerly had several blackouts where several titles were deleted, but they reappeared when I closed and reopened FCP X. I have not restarted the machine. Perhaps I should try that! Thanx for your time.

clips have blacked out where text was deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.