Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing a Numbers Spreadsheet with MacBook Pro

I just bought Numbers for MacBook Pro so I can share my iPad spreadsheets with the Mac via iCloud.

The Mac version found and seemlessly opened the iPad spreadsheet. I made a few simple edits on the Mac, clicked Save and saw the iPad version updated. All this is great except that the iPad version has lost its Form.

The iPad Numnbers did warn me the spreadsheet had been edited on a Mac but it didn't tell me I'd lose the Form.

Is this correct? If so it's a major omission and makes sharing between iPad and Mac pretty useless for anyone using an input form. Forms are obviously great on the iPad and even better on an iPhone

John.

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 3:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 9:50 AM

John,

The Mac version of Numbers doesn't support Form View of a table. There has been no upgrade of the Mac version since the iOS version was released. I would expect the Mac to catch up on the next upgrade, but we have no idea when that might be.

So, when you reopen your Mac-modified document on your iPad, turn the Form view back on. That's all you can do for now, unless you want to make a duplicate for your work on the Mac, but then the Mac changes wouldn't be reflected on the iPad.

It's not a terribly big deal, but I understand why you are looking for that feature. Send Feedback to Apple via the Numbers menu on your Mac.

Jerry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2013 9:50 AM in response to AtkinsOnline

John,

The Mac version of Numbers doesn't support Form View of a table. There has been no upgrade of the Mac version since the iOS version was released. I would expect the Mac to catch up on the next upgrade, but we have no idea when that might be.

So, when you reopen your Mac-modified document on your iPad, turn the Form view back on. That's all you can do for now, unless you want to make a duplicate for your work on the Mac, but then the Mac changes wouldn't be reflected on the iPad.

It's not a terribly big deal, but I understand why you are looking for that feature. Send Feedback to Apple via the Numbers menu on your Mac.

Jerry

Sharing a Numbers Spreadsheet with MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.