Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I set a photo that was down loaded from I phone as desk top background. It continues to appear as desktop background upon new boots even after I have changed the desktop to other photos in the systems preference. The background changes when I set another

I set a personal photo as background on my new Mac. All went well and I am able to change toI other photos using systems preferences but when I re boot the personal photo becomes background. The photo always re appears as background when I re start even after it has sucessfully been changed during my session.

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 6:35 AM

1 reply

Jan 13, 2013 8:09 AM in response to early1950

Triple-click the line below to select it:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.desktop.plist

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Show Info

from the contextual menu. An Info dialog should open.

Does the dialog show "You can read and write" in the Sharing & Permissions section?
In the General section, is the box labeled Locked checked?
What is the Modified date?

I set a photo that was down loaded from I phone as desk top background. It continues to appear as desktop background upon new boots even after I have changed the desktop to other photos in the systems preference. The background changes when I set another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.