Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Can I Change Default Zoom Settings For Safari?

I just got my new iMac and hate the fact that everytime I open Safari everything is small and centered directly in the Safari screen. How can I change the default settings so it either zooms in more or is in a landscaped mode so I don't have two big white patches on the sides of my window?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 9:40 AM

1 reply

Jan 28, 2013 8:26 PM in response to Patrickster

The only way I know of, (and that I use) is as follows:

Open textedit and create a new document.

Add the following 3 lines to the file

body {

zoom: 175%

}

Save the file as "somename.css". I called mine defaultzoom.css and saved it in Documents.

In Safari go to Preferences | Advanced.

In the Style sheet: dropdown box choose "other" and browse to the location of your somename.css file.

That's it, now webpages will open with the default zoom level you used in the file (I use 175% but you need to tweak it for your screen size). Also, I do run into situations where some pages don't render correctly. If that happens you can go back to Safari | Preferences | Advanced and change the Style sheet dropdown box to none until you are done viewing that paticular website. Then just put it back when you are done.

How Can I Change Default Zoom Settings For Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.