Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.8 IPsec VPN to route all traffic through VPN

Hi all,

I want to connect to my IPsec VPN (not L2TP) and route all traffic through the

VPN, so no spilt network, as the cisco std. config more or less sets. In the con-

fig for IPsec+L2TP there is an checkbox to tell the client to route all traffic through

the VPN, whereas the IPSec(only) vpn does not have such a button.

I can easily set up an IPsec connection to the (company) local subnet as per policy

directed from the server, no problem there, see log line:

1/12/13 10:15:10.906 PM configd[18]: installed route: (address 192.168.32.0, gateway 192.168.64.1)

but how do I then tell the client (my mac) to route all traffic trough the gateway on

that local network !?

On the other hand, if I set the policy on the server such that it tells the client to route

all traffic to the server (not only the local net), [ i set the local net on the policy in the

server to 0.0.0.0/0 here ] it does not work as the mac does not allow this route to be

set up durin connection... Hence this logline:

1/12/13 9:57:40.879 PM configd[18]: cannot write on routing socket: File exists (address 0.0.0.0, gateway 192.168.64.1)

So: any ideas here to get this flying ?!

Thanks so much !

Rudi

PowerBook G4 (15-inch FW800), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 11:46 AM

There are no replies.

10.8 IPsec VPN to route all traffic through VPN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.