Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad won't connect to bose wireless speaker

My Bose wireless speaker worked fine connecting to my ipad but it won't connect now. I get a message saying turn speaker on or move closer to ipad. The speaker works fine with my iphone so I think it must be my ipad. Ipad shows Bose speaker on my bluetooth but when I click on it, I get the message I previously mentioned. Help?

iPad

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2017 10:09 AM

Thank you for showing me how to reset my Bose wireless speaker. By pressing the mute button for 10 seconds did the trick. After this by pressing the discoverable button for 3 seconds made it work good again. All Blue Tooth devices should be turned off. Now the Bose Sound Link can find your device one at a time by turning the Blue Tooth on one at a time. Thanks, I am happy again.🙂

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2017 10:09 AM in response to Diavonex

Thank you for showing me how to reset my Bose wireless speaker. By pressing the mute button for 10 seconds did the trick. After this by pressing the discoverable button for 3 seconds made it work good again. All Blue Tooth devices should be turned off. Now the Bose Sound Link can find your device one at a time by turning the Blue Tooth on one at a time. Thanks, I am happy again.🙂

Feb 7, 2015 7:20 PM in response to lindsaymh

I have figured out a solution after I had tried everything mentioned here. On your Ipad/Iphone go to the bluetooth devices list and then click on the explanation mark to the right of the device you are trying to pair. next select "forget this device" . After this has been done you will notice once it finds your device again (mine being the bose SLIII) it will ask to pair rather than connect now. You should be able to pair the two at this point. It worked for me and hope it works for you guys.

Jan 13, 2013 4:43 PM in response to Csmejkal

1. Hold Bluetooth button down for 3 seconds so that iPad can "see" the Soundlink (bluetooth light should fade in and out every second)

2. Make sure it's within range

3. Keep speaker away from router, cordless phone or microwave oven

4. Keep it away from other Bluetooth device

5. Make sure it's not muted

6. Turn it off and on again

7. Make sure volume is turned up

my ipad won't connect to bose wireless speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.