Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activate Airport on Disconnecting from Ethernet

Hey, I have a computer I use as a server, so I have it by default plugged into the Ethernet, with Airport Off (so that it uses the ethernet network). But I need to remote into it from off the network, and if it gets accidently unplugged, airport will be off. Is there a way to activate the airport in the event of the deactivation of Ethernet?

Sorry if this is the wrong section

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 4:24 PM

5 replies

Jan 14, 2013 12:01 AM in response to Kendall Goto

You would have to be in front of the computer to re-activate AirPort. Seeing as how you are using a Mac mini, it should stay stationary for the most part, so there will probably be no need to work about the ethernet coming unplugged. If you have it plugged into ethernet via your router, I believe you can still access the computer remotely. I sometimes connect my MacBook Pro to my ethernet connection and I can still reach it form my iPad. If I may I ask, why are you using ethernet with a Mac mini?

Activate Airport on Disconnecting from Ethernet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.