Skip navigation

Deleted contacts still show up?

2011 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2013 1:10 PM by HollyLynn27 RSS Branched to a new discussion.
TheRealThomasDC Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 13, 2013 6:19 PM

Why do deleted contacts stil show up when I search for a contact to send a text message?

• aherard Calculating status...
    Feb 19, 2013 7:16 PM (in response to TheRealThomasDC)

I had this issue for a while, some people suggested to restore my phone and set up as a new device...that didn't work for me. What did work was to log into the icloud preferences under "settings" on my iphone and deleting the backups for my iphone and ipad. It's risky...but no more deleted contacts when I create a message/email. Hope this helps.

• RobTaylor Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Feb 19, 2013 7:27 PM (in response to aherard)

What do you mean specifically by "delete the backups". On the Mac? Disabling Messaging in iCloud. Sorry, but just a bit more clarification for myself and everyone else here. Thanks in advance!

• Meg St._Clair Level 8 Level 8 (37,520 points)
    Feb 20, 2013 4:30 AM (in response to TheRealThomasDC)

Restoring the phone as new would have taken a lot less time and money. And would have had the added benefit of not making you look silly.

• HollyLynn27 Calculating status...
    Dec 27, 2013 1:10 PM (in response to TheRealThomasDC)

Go into type a new message

All the contacts you have deleted will have an "I" in a circle beside them ,

Click on the "i" and then click "remove from recents" :)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.