Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast not searchable in iTunes

I created a podcast several years ago and it was searchable in iTunes; however, it seems that my podcast is no longer searchable. You can use the link on Podbean to subscribe via iTunes, but you can't find it if you search for it in itunes. What do I need to do to get this fixed?

Podcast name: East Hartford Baptist Church

RSS Feed: http://easthartfordbaptist.podbean.com/feed/

Podbean is hosting the podcast.

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 7:45 PM

7 replies

Jan 13, 2013 11:45 PM in response to jonjohnson00

Your single episode was only posted yesterday - was this the first time your podcast appeared? Have you actually submitted it to the iTunes Store? - this doesn't happen by itself, you have to submit it in iTunes. Once submitted it takes several weeks to get approval, so even if you have submitted it you won't see it in the Store for some time, and the Search takes longer to appear.

This page explains how to submit it:

http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/podcast.html#submit

Jan 14, 2013 3:58 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Yes, I started the podcast about 3 years ago and submitted it to iTunes then. You could simply type in East Hartford Baptist Church and find the podcast on iTunes. I took about a 6 month break from producing the podcast and just started back yesterday, so I deleted all of the old podcasts from Podbean. Nothing has changed and if I attempt to resubmit the feed to iTunes it says that it already exists. Any ideas?

Jan 14, 2013 4:10 AM in response to jonjohnson00

If you deleted all the episodes, so that the podcast was empty for a time, that would get you removed from the Store. You will now have to resubmit it as a new podcast and wait for it to be approved. The 'already exists' error is a bug in the automated part of the submission process which doesn't take into account when a feed has been removed; the workaround is to change the title slightly - you can always change it back once it's been accepted provided that doing so doesn't change the feed URL, which would obviously cause the Store to lose contact with the feed.

Jan 14, 2013 4:33 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thank you for the quick replies. I added the new episode and attempted to find it in iTunes before I deleted the old episodes, so it was never empty. This my sound like a silly question, but how could I change the title and not the URL since the URL is what I submit to iTunes? Podbean has assigned me the URL and I am assuming I can't change that. Once again, thanks for your help.

Jan 14, 2013 4:44 AM in response to jonjohnson00

The title is the name of the podcast, carried in the Title tag, in your case 'East Hartford Baptist Church'. You can change that wherever you entered it in the first place, and then submit the resultant feed to iTunes so that it appears as a new podcast. If the feed filename is derived from the title, and would change if you changed the title, then you can't change the title once accepted.

Podcast not searchable in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.