Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imports to iPhoto '11 disappearing on Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.2

I have: MacBook (late 2008), OS X 10.8.2, iPhoto '11 9.4.2

User uploaded file

Some of the Events that I have uploaded for December 2012 and so far for 2013 (some have been edited), are empty - only a palm tree icon is there, and the event title itself.

Some of the Missing (edited) Events I had Exported to my desktop for ease of uploading online for development. Some that have disappeared have not been edited at all, and were there waiting for me to edit them (Yes, I still have the originals on an SD card). When I import the photos back to iPhoto, some photos said that they are duplicates and asked if I wanted to replace the existing versions of the pictures. I said yes. On others photos, it did not ask this question.

I've deleted blank events, re-imported, etc. It seems that if I add an event and close iPhoto, it stays.

I have gone through this several times and it is very frustrating. I have about 14000 pics on my laptop (and they are backed up except the recent photos). Sounds like something is corrupt.

What can I do to fix this issue?

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 11:03 PM

1 reply

Jan 13, 2013 11:05 PM in response to ImaScrapperGirl

Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. (In Library Manager it's the FIle -> Rebuild command)

This will create an entirely new library. It will then copy (or try to) your photos and all the associated metadata and versions to this new Library, and arrange it as close as it can to what you had in the damaged Library. It does this based on information it finds in the iPhoto sharing mechanism - but that means that things not shared won't be there, so no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your events, albums and keywords, faces and places back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one.

Imports to iPhoto '11 disappearing on Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.