Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP! Itunes Library won't load at all after update to Itunes 11!

Ok, so this might sound confusing, so bear with me here.

So I tried updating to Itunes 11. Now I hated Itunes 11 with a passion, so I tried downgrading back to 10.7. Well, none of my music showed up whatsoever afterward. So I tried to do a system restore to fix the installation issue and hope that things would go back to normal.

Now I have no music library, and I am about to be a nervous wreck because of this.

I have several previous itunes library files, but back when Itunes match first came out, I fooled around with my library quite a bit and eventually stayed with a library after I decided not to fool around with itunes match anymore. Odd thing is that my Itunes was actually named "Previous Itunes Libraries" on the title.

But now, I can't get ANYTHING to show up in Itunes! I have no idea what is going on, and I hope I didn't lose everything!

Here is what my file folders look like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/coolforever/ituneswtfagain_zps3a7f3083.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/coolforever/ituneswtf_zpsca3ca4f5.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/coolforever/ituneswtfagain2_zpsfdc82311.pn g

Can someone PLEASE help me out?

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 12:33 AM

4 replies

Jan 14, 2013 2:02 AM in response to Ralph Sweeney

Ok, I think I fixed the issue for the most part, I restored my library and all my files, playcounts, ratings, etc.

But one question, is there any way to restore the "Date added" feature to what my songs were originally at? I fixed my issue by importing the music library xml file as a playlist, though all my songs pretty much have the same "date added" date now. Any help?

Jan 14, 2013 4:32 AM in response to Ralph Sweeney

Empty/corrupt library after upgrade/crash/downgrade

Hopefully it's not been too long since you last upgraded iTunes, in fact if you get an empty/incomplete library immediately after upgrading then with the following steps you shouldn't lose a thing or need to do any further housekeeping. In the Previous iTunes Libraries folder should be a number of dated iTunes Library files. Take the most recent of these (or the one created when you upgraded to the version you are downgrading from) and copy it into the iTunes folder. Rename iTunes Library.itl as iTunes Library (Corrupt).itl and then rename the restored file as iTunes Library.itl. Start iTunes. Should all be good, bar any recent additions to or deletions from your library.

User uploaded file

See iTunes Folder Watch for a tool to catch up with any changes since the backup file was created.

When you get it all working make a backup!

tt2

HELP! Itunes Library won't load at all after update to Itunes 11!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.