Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating OS X 10.5.8 to a more recent version that will enable me to download iTunes version 10.7 or later

I have an iMac (7,1) with OS X 10.5.8 and need to update the OS to a more recent version so I can download iTunes version 10.7 or later, how do I do this? I just need any version of OS X that will let me access my new iPhone5 from my Mac. I currently have iTunes version 10.6.3, when I plug my iPhone into my Mac I get a message saying that I need iTunes version 10.7 or later. When I try to download it I'm told that I need OS X needs to be updated. If I try to look for new software updates from my Mac (for OS X) or from iTunes (for iTunes) I'm told that both are up to date so I'm not sure how to proceed.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 8:42 AM

You have to buy operating system upgrades, so call the online Apple store, which in the US is at 800-MY-APPLE, or order OS X 10.6 online at http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard . Install it, do Software Updates, which will get you to OS X 10.6.8. Then you can install the current iTunes.

4 replies

Updating OS X 10.5.8 to a more recent version that will enable me to download iTunes version 10.7 or later

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.