Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular network doesn't switch to proper signal

I have an iPhone 5 with iOS 6.0.2 (latest update) and AT&T as my carrier. I rarely get a signal while at home due to my house being a tri-level townhome, but I'm fine with that because I use Google Voice. My issue just started happening very recently. When I leave the house and head to work, where my LTE signal is super strong, my phone doesn't automatically connect to LTE, but instead goes to Edge. At home, my status bar usually has a "No Service" or 1 bar LTE/4G message. I have to reboot the phone in order to pick up the signal. I've done the typical software restore from backup and as a new phone, but the problem still persists. Again... This just started happening for the past two weeks, but was fine before. No software update coincided with my problem as it was updated long before my issue started happening.

Is anyone having this issue?

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 12:21 PM

Have you tried:

Removing and reinserting the SIM?
Replacing the SIM?

Contacting the carrier to rule out network issues?

3 replies

Cellular network doesn't switch to proper signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.