Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i try to open the itune this message it come up(Itune.exe has been set to run in compatibility mode for an older version of windows.for best resullts. turn off compatibility mode for itune before you open it) and i spoke to apple store help customer

Hi, when i try open the itune thei message it come up( Itune.exe has been set to run in compitibility mode for an older version of windows.for best resullts. turn off compatibility mode for itune before you open it,) and today i spoke to apple stor i spend 40 mints with them no resullts

Can any one help plz

thank you

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 1:24 PM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2013 3:05 AM in response to Lawkobako

Resolution

1. Quit ITunes.

2. Windows XP: From the Start menu, choose My Computer (or double-click My

Computer on the Desktop).
Windows Vista and Windows 7: From the Start menu, choose Computer.

3. Open the C:\ drive (or whichever disk Windows is installed on).

4. Open the Program Files folder or "Program Files (x86)" if you are using a 64- bit version of Windows Vista or Windows 7).

5. Open the iTunes folder.

6.Right-click on the iTunes application (iTunes or iTunes.exe) and from the shortcut menu. Click Properties.

7. Click the Compatibility tab.

8. Deselect the checkbox under Compatibility mode if it's selected.

9. Windows Vista: Click "Show Settings for All Users."
Windows 7: Click "Change Settings for All Users."

10. Windows Vista and Windows 7: Deselect the checkbox under Compatibility mode if it's selected and click OK.

11. Click OK.

12. Open iTunes and pray for me.

Mohammed Moin

From Jeddah - KSA

+966 542400247

when i try to open the itune this message it come up(Itune.exe has been set to run in compatibility mode for an older version of windows.for best resullts. turn off compatibility mode for itune before you open it) and i spoke to apple store help customer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.