Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are posts now showing?

Sent messages on my Mac OX'S 10.8.2 are disappearing. I forward mail from Yahoo to my Mac, and sent messages show for a few days on both then disappear. How do I keep ALL sent messages on my Mac until I choose the ones I want to delete ?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 1:25 PM

3 replies

Jan 16, 2013 12:34 PM in response to Anita255

Let me understand better the problem:

You have an Yahoo account on a computer and on your Mac. Than you have an iCloud account.

iCloud account sincs perfectly and you get the same messages and the also the sent items on both computers.

iCloud account is an IMAP account.

The problem is with the Yahoo account, which I suppose is a POP3 account.

With POP3 the sent messages do not sync, they remain only in the computer you used to write them.

You wrote you forward the Yahoo messages to you: this means your iCloud accout receives a copy of the sent message, and this should be in the incoming mail, not in the sent.

I believe you know the difference between IMAP and POP3 and the fact that it is something which you cannot select but is is or not offerend by the mail provider.

With POP3 there could be a chance to find the sent message on the server, if you setup the mail service to keep the sent messages on the server. I do not know if Yahoo aloow you to connect to the server with a browser and use what is called WebMail.

Have I understood the problem ot here is still something to clear ?

Why are posts now showing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.