Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If i rent a movie before i go on an airplane- can i watch the movie on the plane which does not have internet access?

If i rent a movie where there is internet access(at home), then go to watch it in a place where there is not internet access (airplane)- will i be able to wach the rented movie on the device without internet access?

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 4:09 PM

1 reply

Jan 14, 2013 4:25 PM in response to Syma Richer

Welcome to the Apple Community.

From my own personal experience, I have found that when I turn off the Wi-Fi on my Wi-Fi only iPad, I am still able to play rented movies on it. I have tried this perhaps four or five times and in each case, this has been the result. I have also noted that other users have had the same experience as I.

However saying that I have noted a small number of users that have stated they are unable to view rented movies without an Internet connection. This knowledge base article from Apple, also suggests that an Internet connection is required.

If i rent a movie before i go on an airplane- can i watch the movie on the plane which does not have internet access?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.