Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IMEI changed after att

Hi, I officially unlocked my Iphone from AT&T using their service. I submitted my IMEI to them and they unblock the phone because I'm not longer in contract. After I restore the iphone on itunes, it had another IMEI number. This is so weird. I thought that doesn't suppose to change. Now, I can not use my new carrier, because the new IMEI is blocked. Have anyone had this problem before?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 2:49 PM

3 replies

Jan 28, 2013 4:16 PM in response to miguelangelarch

This same exact thing just happended to me. My IMEI changed by one digit after restoring in iTunes after getting the unlock approval from AT&T. I called them to see what the deal was and they acted like I was crazy and said that can't happen. I didn't feel like arguing with them. The original IMEI I requested the unlock for no longer exists in their system and the new IMEI shows as unlocked. Strange to say the least.

My IMEI changed after att

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.