Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iBooks do not appear on my iPhone

I run iBooks on my iPad and have 3 books. The other day, I downloaded iBooks for my iPhone, in hopes of reading those books there. However, the books didn't download. I upgraded to iOS6.1 (with the claim that my cloud-based books would now appear), and I've fully sync'ed the phone with iTunes. Still the books don't appear.

Note: Both my iPad and iPhone are administered under the same apple ID.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 6:16 PM

I found the answer. You have to manually go into the iBook store and re-download your purchased books. In the store, if you do a search and try to download your book from the search results list, you'll be charged for the cost of the book. However, if you tap into the detail screen for that book, you'll get a Download button instead of a purchase button and can download it from there.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2013 6:16 PM in response to Paul Seymour1

I found the answer. You have to manually go into the iBook store and re-download your purchased books. In the store, if you do a search and try to download your book from the search results list, you'll be charged for the cost of the book. However, if you tap into the detail screen for that book, you'll get a Download button instead of a purchase button and can download it from there.

My iBooks do not appear on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.