4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2013 2:49 AM by OGELTHORPE
Sally Reid Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Just bought a laptop and it has:

MacBook Pro i7 core

2.66ghz

500gb hd

8gb ram

Mid 2010 model

I'm a graphic designer and am looking for an Internet card or option when wifi isn't available. My current company offers 5GB for $50 a month. I'll go thru that way to fast since I handle larger files daily. I'm open for all suggestions and ideas!

• OGELTHORPE Level 7 Level 7 (33,685 points)

To a large extent it depends upon where you live.  I subscribe to two services.  One is essentially 3G but nationwide.  The other is a 4G and is good for my prime residence, but only selected locations nationwide.

See what is available in your area and find an unlimited plan if possible.  I can tell you that there is a marked difference between the 3G and 4G services that I have in terms of speed.  You might keep that in mind.

Ciao.

• Courcoul Level 6 Level 6 (12,075 points)

If you have a adequately provisioned iPhone, you can use it as a personal hotspot and connect to the Internet. Link is via USB, Bluetooth or even Wi-Fi. Speed depends on your data plan and the carrier's capabilities.

• Sally Reid Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

What is the best way to measure your data usage? Most of mine will be sending large files via email.

• OGELTHORPE Level 7 Level 7 (33,685 points)

It seems to be dependent upon the vendor.  Some do provide usage information, some do not.  That determination should be made prior to commitment unless you can get an unlimited plan.

Ciao.