Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synced to another iTunes library?

When I try to sync my wife's new iPhone 4s to our iTunes account it allows the apps to be synced, but not any of the playlists or other songs. It says her phone is synced with a different library. Many have had this problem and nobody has an answer.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 4:21 PM

3 replies

Jan 14, 2013 7:17 PM in response to turingtest2

We are not trying to recover anything. My wife's old phone synced perfectly fine with this iTunes library (and my phones always have). The question is why can she all of the sudden not sync with this library. She has never been synced with a different iTunes library (for instance, on another computer), so there seems to be a problem with either iTunes reading the phone or with her phone. My phone does not have this problem and syncs just fine with this iTunes library.

If the answer is that iTunes (or the phone) has a problem and the above is the only way to fix it, then I guess it is what it is. Just seems silly given that her old phone synced without issue.

Jan 15, 2013 1:06 AM in response to ProfWill13

It sounds like iTunes "thinks" the device is synced with another library. In such cases iTunes wants to wipe existing content before adding what is in your library. You could just go ahead and let it do what it wants but the danger is that as well as reloading the media it may also wipe out any personal information attached to various apps. Ignoring the data recovery aspects of the tip my advice is to backup the device, and then immediately restore the backup that has just been taken. That should preserve all the data and make iTunes treat your library as the "home" library for the device.

tt2

Synced to another iTunes library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.