Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut says my 1080p footage is interlaced, won't render real time

I just got a 7D and I've been shooting interviews in 1080p 30 frames. When I encode to Prores 422(HQ) in MPEG Streamclip and import to Final Cut, it will not render real time. I checked my sequence settings and clip format settings in the browser and both are interlaced with upper field dominance. The footage is all progressive, and it will not render in real time. I tried changing the sequence and clip settings back to progressive but it just will not get rid of the red "unrendered" line above the sequence.

Here are my settings. I tried it both with "Deinterlace Video" on and off. As for Field Dominance, I can only choose upper or lower, there is no option for 'none.'

User uploaded file

My sequence settings are also ProRes 422HQ, 1920x1080i at 30 frames per second (the HDTV preset)

I searched around online for a solution and everyone else it seems has just changed the clip settings in the Final Cut media browser to have no field dominance and been able to edit it like normal but for some reason I cannot. I am able to change the settings but it still says it needs to be rendered. Is it a problem with my encoding settings or can it be made to work in Final Cut by some other means?

Final Cut Studio-OTHER

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 4:32 PM

4 replies

Jan 14, 2013 5:24 PM in response to TacosAreDelicious

In addition to MtD's advice, I'll just note that Streamclip lacks a "none" field order option to choose from. (I also think MtD is correct that your red render lines are frame rate-related. Not sure about the audio.)

The better workflow (IMO) is to get the EOS plug-in from Canon and do Log & Transfer…skip Streamclip (which I'm a fan of) altogether.

Russ

Jan 14, 2013 6:12 PM in response to Russ H

Thanks for your answers. I was wrong about the frame rate, my sequence was actually already set to 29.97 not 30. Russ, I checked Canon's web site for the EOS plugin and it seems like it will only run on 10.6.8 or newer, I'm editing on a G5 running 10.4 Tiger.

It seems like from my Googling that others have been able to simply change some settings in Final Cut and edit like normal but I haven't been able to find out exactly what I need to do. A thread on Creative Cow (link below) says that simply changing the field dominance in each clip's format settings should force it to work but I've tried a few times with no luck. Any advice on Streamclip settings you have used successfully?

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1068832#1068839

Final Cut says my 1080p footage is interlaced, won't render real time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.