Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4, randomly shows no service (straight talk)

I bought my iPhone 4 a little over a month ago with the inten of using it on the StraightTalk service via sim. At first everything was working great, got it jailbroken for the 3g/mms to work without too many problems. However within the first week we started to notice that it would say "no service" or "searching" sometimes. At first we thought it was just the account going through some stuff since it was new and it would resolve itself. Now, a month later it's still doing it and I believe it might have even gotten worse. Usually when I get up in the morning I will have to reset it due to it saying no service, resetting the phone usually will fix it.

Anybody else run into anything like this? I found out Straight Talk has some of the worst customer service I've ever encountered in my life. I asked them to send a replacement sim card to rule that out as a problem and they refused. I've been in contact with them for over a week trying to convince them to send me a replacement and the best suggestion they give is "take out sim card and put back in". They keep saying I need to try the sim in another phone but they don't understand that the "no service" only happens maybe 5% of the day. If I put the sim in another phone I guarantee it will appear to be working perfectly and there's no way of telling how long it will be until you saw a problem. Some days it won't happen at all and all is well 🙂

I should note that sometimes before no service pops up it will tell me I need to do a restore through itunes. I'm about to try to downgrade to 5.1.1 and do the restore but I'm running into another issue there. For some reason my contacts won't upload to icloud and I don't use Outlook to export it to. Is there a simple way to keep my contacts? I will sync it via iPhone and iTunes and the iCloud website just shows one contact which is my apple id. So is there a simple app or something to do this? I have over 100 contacts which took me awhile to build when I got the phone so would hate to lose them.

thanks for any advice.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 5:19 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone 4, randomly shows no service (straight talk)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.