Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to Snow Leopard, now my monitor resolution is totally screwed up.

I just installed Snow Leopard on my Mac Pro and upon restarting (and zapping the PRAM) my screen/monitor resolution is screwed up, distorted and not functioning properly. Any help here, as I'm a designer and this is totally messing up my work flow. I've never run into a situation like this and I'm at witt's end trying to figure this out and fix it. It's almost as if everything is now distorted and I don't even have RECOMMENDED RESOLUTIONS in my system preferences. Help!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 5:03 PM

2 replies

Jan 14, 2013 5:11 PM in response to Scott Mosher

My old screen resolution is not even listed or available so I can no longer get a screen mode that doesn't look distorted. It's showing totally weird resolutions, isn't allowing my old resolution to be used and forcing me into a specific resolution... so I can't work in an efficient manner any longer... I'm incredibly frustrated here...

Upgraded to Snow Leopard, now my monitor resolution is totally screwed up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.