Forgot Your Account Password
For Snow Leopard and earlier
For Lion/Mountain Lion
Boot to the Recovery HD:
Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and R keys until the menu screen appears. Alternatively, restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the OPTION key until the boot manager screen appears. Select the Recovery HD and click on the downward pointing arrow button.
When the menubar appears select Terminal from the Utilities menu.
Enter resetpassword at the prompt and press RETURN. Follow
instructions in the dialog window that will appear.
Or see Reset a Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Password and
Changing the login password
Normally you must type a password to log in to the computer. This is called your “account password” or “login password.” You can change your password, and if you are the administrator of a computer with multiple accounts, you can reset the passwords of other users as well.
To change your login password:
1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences and click Accounts.
2. Open Accounts preferences
3. Click Change Password.
4. Enter your current password in the Old Password field.
5. Enter your new password in the New Password field, and then enter it again in the Verify field. For help choosing a secure password, click the Key button next to the New Password field.
6. Enter a hint to help you remember the password. This hint appears if the wrong password is entered three consecutive times in the login window.
7. Click Change Password.
To reset another user’s login password:
1. Log in to the computer using an administrator name and password.
2. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, and click Accounts.
3. Open Accounts preferences
4. Click the lock icon to unlock it, and then enter your administrator name and password.
5. Select the account whose password you want to change.
6. Click Reset Password.
7. Enter your new password in the New Password field, and then enter it again in the Verify field. For help choosing a secure password, click the Key button next to the New Password field.
8. Enter a hint to help you remember the password. This hit appears if the wrong password is entered three consecutive times in the login window.
9. Click Reset Password.
IMPORTANT: After changing or resetting a password, open Keychain Access and change the “login” keychain to match the new login password. This unlocks the keychain when you log i
I've tried this step on resetting admin password and it's not working. Also, I've been in the keychain access wanted to delete everything and don't really understand this process. I need help changing admin password. I've been in the terminal changed it how do I delete ALL keychains maybe that is the issue.
Trying to install programs and sync to laptop.