Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is having just a Time Capsule enough to successfully back-up my important documents incase (some how) my Mac gets wiped?

Hi,

I'm just about to start teriary education and use my Mac Pro for all my documents, and my documents get frequently automatically backed-up to my Time capsule through an Ethernet cable connected to my Bigpond 4G wireless broadband. All I really would like to know is, if my Mac suddenly loses all its documents from mal-ware or even just one from accidental deletion etc, will those deleted files still be in my Time Capsule? Or do I need to purchase another external hard-drive ment for back-ups Only?
Thanks 🙂

(p.s. sorry if this doesn't make complete sense)

Mac Pro

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 10:04 PM

Your Time Capsule makes backups of your computer, so if the hard disk of your Mac is damaged, you can restore a full backup from the Time Capsule and leave your Mac as it was before the hard disk failure.

The Time Capsule doesn't lose files when your Mac's hard disk is damaged, so don't worry about it

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2013 10:04 PM in response to Nixy06

Your Time Capsule makes backups of your computer, so if the hard disk of your Mac is damaged, you can restore a full backup from the Time Capsule and leave your Mac as it was before the hard disk failure.

The Time Capsule doesn't lose files when your Mac's hard disk is damaged, so don't worry about it

Is having just a Time Capsule enough to successfully back-up my important documents incase (some how) my Mac gets wiped?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.