Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want Mail to remind me of the right mail alias before I send

Hello,

I have many aliases in Mail. Every now and then I forget to choose the right alias when I compose a mail. How can I achieve that Mail asks me always which alias to choose? In Thunderbird this is possible with the extension "Identity Chooser" https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/identity-chooser/?src=search. Is there an similar extension in Mail as well? For me it would be enough if there would be always a dialog box before sending with the question "Is .... the right alias?" with [yes] [no]. If no, how can I start to implement that by myself?

Regards,

Metuschelach

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:33 AM

6 replies

Jul 28, 2014 11:20 PM in response to Metuschelach

Hey there, I just wanted to give an update. The Identity Chooser Thunderbird extension works great with Postbox 3. Postbox is based on Thunderbird, but is under active development as is really nice and clean. (It costs 10 bucks, and you can find $2 coupon if you bother to google!) I like Postbox much better than Apple Mail, and it integrates with OS X quite nicely.

mkm

I want Mail to remind me of the right mail alias before I send

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.