Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is icloud more secure than yahoo?

I was recently compromised with my yahoo email account. I have always been a staunch supporter of Apple and are now considering moving my personal email to iCloud. Since we, in the Apple communities, have much less "attacks" than PC based, am I more secure to use the iCloud?

Thank you for options!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 5:14 AM

3 replies

Jan 15, 2013 5:41 AM in response to Cruising Girl

I wouldn't want to say one way or the other, iCloud uses industry standard security, but security is about much more than measures put in place by Apple or Yahoo. If for example someone has your address in their contact file and is compromised, a spammer will get hold of your address regardless of whether you use Apple or Yahoo, likewise some spammers just guess at addresses and there isn't really any sort of protection against that.

All I can really say on the matter is that I am happy with the level of security Apple offer me and am happy to use their email system.

Is icloud more secure than yahoo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.