Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GTX 670 in Mac Pro 5.1

Hey guys,

I am using the 8c 5,1 Mac pro with the standard 5770 installed. I am an high end user but I do not want to spend the buck on a Quadro.

I want an GTX 670 in my Mac pro, can someone tell me what I need and what I need to do?

some more info:

-Don't need the Bootscreen, I can use bootchamp

-I run 10.8 ML

-I have the 27" ACD mdp

-no experience upgrading a gpu in a Mac pro, however I do on a regular gaming rig.

can you guys help? I think that many more would like to know the awnser because these GPU's are just outdated now. *thx Apple -.-*

-Sam

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, 8 core, 8g ram, 27"ACD

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:55 AM

4 replies

Jan 28, 2013 1:52 AM in response to samm1551995

Hi sam, i just bought msi gtx 670 for my mac pro 8 core 2010 model. you can use this graphics inside but only for windows only, i think there is some solution to run on mac, but i dont care as for now because im not using mac all the time. my only problem is my fan in my mac cannot control, not unlike the hd 5870. so i feel a bit of heat on my mac but still my processor on idle still not going above 50%, almost 44 to 48 on idle. also about the card you should buy the 2x6 pins because some of the graphics card have 2x8 pins. but everything i can run in ultra like battlefield 3, medal of honor. the fps is around 50-90 on campaign & for the multiplayer its around 50-70. still need to check my graphics card because i just bought it last sunday.

GTX 670 in Mac Pro 5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.