Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synching Multiple iCloud Accounts

What I am trying to accomplish is syncing iCal calendars for two indivduals, both with their own AppleID and iCloud accounts. First, is this even possible?

Husband and wife, each with their own computer and mobile device(s) would like to sync a common calendar, resulting in one common calendar or at minimum their individual calendars within iCal. The current setup has each individual with their own computer, mobile device, AppleID, and iClould account. The best posssible result would be sychnicing to each other's account for just an individual calendar within iCal.

Having a single (joint) iCloud account will not work, since contacts & emails need to remain seperate. I would like to add a second iCloud account to each individuals computer and mobile device to just sync the other person's calendar. Are 2 iCloud accounts allowed within computer & mobile device System Preferences for this purpose? I do not want to try a second iCloud account and suffer untold descrepencies.

Please advise.

Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, MacMini Server(10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 11:04 AM

You can add secondary accounts at settings (system preferences)> mail, contacts, calendars. Secondary accounts can't use photostream or sync documents, but otherwise will do exactly what you want.

Each person could add their partners account as a secondary account or each could add an independant account as a secondary account which both log into.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2013 11:04 AM in response to sysx

You can add secondary accounts at settings (system preferences)> mail, contacts, calendars. Secondary accounts can't use photostream or sync documents, but otherwise will do exactly what you want.

Each person could add their partners account as a secondary account or each could add an independant account as a secondary account which both log into.

Synching Multiple iCloud Accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.