Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help locating aperture plug-ins

Hi I have installed topaz fusion and some other topaz plug-ins as well as aperture to smug.

I can't locate neither and need to delete aperturetosumg.

I have tried going trhough the finder to library, then application support, then aperture, so far I have been able to do so till this point. When I get into the Aperture folder I can't find any plug-in nor a folder plug-ins.

I have just created a plug-ins folder in the aperture folder, all I need now is to be able to locate said plug-ins.

Do you have any clues what I am missing?

Thanks

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 12:24 PM

6 replies

Jan 15, 2013 12:35 PM in response to marubex

I have tried going trhough the finder to library, then application support, then aperture,

That will lead you to the install location in the System Library; you may have installed the plug-ins in your User Library in your Home folder, and that library is hidden in MacOS X 10.8.x.

To open your hidden user library use the Finder's "Go" menu from the main menu bar.

Finder > "Go"

then hold down the alt/options key ⌥, until "Library" appears in the drop-down menu. Select the library, and in the folder that opens, go to "Applications Support > Aperture > Plug-Ins"

Regards

Léonie

Jan 15, 2013 12:42 PM in response to marubex

There are two separate Library folders, and aperture can see plug-ins in either one.

The first one is at /Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-ins (so off the root of your hard drive)

The second one is at ~/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins (so, in your home folder)

Check both. I guarantee you the plug-ins are in one of them. Guarantee it.

Need help locating aperture plug-ins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.