Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is java vulnerable in safari 5.1? I have a macbook using 10.6.8

I am worried about the java vulnerability. I need it to pay bills on my banks website. is java vulnerable in safari 5.1. I am using a macbook with os 10.6.8

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 12:24 PM

1 reply

Jan 15, 2013 3:16 PM in response to marlene170

The recently discovered zero-day flaw in Java 7 is so serious that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has warned users to disable or uninstall it, and Apple has disabled the Java 7 plugin on Macs through its OS X anti-malware system, in order to protect users from a potentially serious security issue.

You should disable Java (if not already done) until either the US Department of Homeland Security, or Oracle, declare it safe and Apple restore the facility. Oracle have released an update said to fix the security flaw, available from here:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.h tml

Javascript should not be disabled (it has nothing to do with Java), and is probably what your bank is using.

is java vulnerable in safari 5.1? I have a macbook using 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.