Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to connect phone to iTunes. Unavailable update after update required.

I'm trying to connect my new iPhone 5 to iTunes and it says iTunes 10.7 is required, I try to get 10.7 and it says OS X 10.6.8 is required. I check software update, and my software is up to date, but I'm still running 10.5.8. Do i have to get a new operating system to sync my phone?

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:32 PM

You need to buy the operating system upgrade to OS X 10.6,which requires 1GB of memory. Call the online Apple store, which in the US is at 800-MY-APPLE, or order OS X 10.6 online at http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard . Install it, do Software Updates until no more are available, which will get you to OS X 10.6.8, at which point you can install the latest iTunes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2013 1:32 PM in response to Irritatedandangry

You need to buy the operating system upgrade to OS X 10.6,which requires 1GB of memory. Call the online Apple store, which in the US is at 800-MY-APPLE, or order OS X 10.6 online at http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard . Install it, do Software Updates until no more are available, which will get you to OS X 10.6.8, at which point you can install the latest iTunes.

Jan 15, 2013 4:27 PM in response to BGreg

Thanks Apple, for screwing a loyal customer, who has spent thousands of dollars on your products for years, into not only spending a little bit more money, but into having to carry a phone with zero information and apps while also carrying an old phone with no communication, but containing vital info and apps until his disc shows up to enable transfer of that info. I'm sure its pretty hard to make that software available for download.

Trying to connect phone to iTunes. Unavailable update after update required.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.