Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail suddenly stopped sending outgoing emails!

I have 4 email accounts in Mail that just stopped sending outgoing emails yesterday without changing anything!

I have another Mac (OS X 10.6) connected to the same router, I set up one of the email addresses on that with the same details and it works perfectly.

I've noticed there are a couple of other threads on here with the same thing and they don't appear to have answers, hopefully someone knows something!

Help, very much appreciated!

Mark

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 2:28 PM

You likely have corrupted settings for your "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)". Open Mail>go to Mail's Preferences>Accounts>there set up your Outgoing Mail Server which will INCLUDE resetting up your Password, as its asking you to. Click on "SMTP Outgoing Mail Server" near the bottom of the Accounts window while your mail account is highlighted in the left hand column. When you click on SMTP... you will see a drop down box icon offered at the right side of the line. Click it and then select at the bottom of the the list "Edit SMTP Mail Server". Fill in the required settings for your ISP mail account using their recommended settings.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2013 2:28 PM in response to Markadelic

You likely have corrupted settings for your "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)". Open Mail>go to Mail's Preferences>Accounts>there set up your Outgoing Mail Server which will INCLUDE resetting up your Password, as its asking you to. Click on "SMTP Outgoing Mail Server" near the bottom of the Accounts window while your mail account is highlighted in the left hand column. When you click on SMTP... you will see a drop down box icon offered at the right side of the line. Click it and then select at the bottom of the the list "Edit SMTP Mail Server". Fill in the required settings for your ISP mail account using their recommended settings.

Mail suddenly stopped sending outgoing emails!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.