Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet doesn't work with bootcamped Win7

I recently installed bootcamped Windows 7 on my Mac. The Apple Windows support files were downloaded to the Mac side of the computer. The bar for the internet at the bottom just stays red when I try to find a connection. I'm using an ethernet cable going directly from the Mac into the wall without a router. My Mac is brand new and very updated. Network diagnostics showed that there were no drivers installed for the attached network cable. After some research I found out I needed also the OSX Lion CD but unfortunately I don't have it. This is not ok, I'm very annoyed about how complicated this whole process is - I've just spent ages trying to find my Win7 product key, on top of that I needed the Win7 CD in the first place of course to install the OS and now I need the Lion CD as well?

This is ridiculous. How can I get the drivers without the stupid Lion CD?

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:53 PM

You posted the Macbook Pro forum.

Read and follow the Bootcamp Installation instructions. You were offered the chance to read the documentation when you started Bootcamp Assistant. Then download and save the Windows Support software. Again, this is an option in Bootcamp Assistant. Then from within Windows install the downloaded Windows Support Software.

The process is straight forward if you read and follow the instructions.

And you might want to visit the Bootcamp forum where the Bootcamp gurus hang out.

https://discussions.apple.com/community/windows_software/boot_camp

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2013 1:53 PM in response to DavidsonUK

You posted the Macbook Pro forum.

Read and follow the Bootcamp Installation instructions. You were offered the chance to read the documentation when you started Bootcamp Assistant. Then download and save the Windows Support software. Again, this is an option in Bootcamp Assistant. Then from within Windows install the downloaded Windows Support Software.

The process is straight forward if you read and follow the instructions.

And you might want to visit the Bootcamp forum where the Bootcamp gurus hang out.

https://discussions.apple.com/community/windows_software/boot_camp

Internet doesn't work with bootcamped Win7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.