Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I getting double popup alerts for Google Calendar events on iPhone?

This is happening on both mine and my wife's iPhones (mine is a 4 and hers is a 3GS) which are both on the latest iOS (6.0.1). This is what I've figured out:

On iPhones: Default is to set no alerts/reminder for calendar events

On Google Calendar: Default is to set a popup alert 1 hour before event & email 1 hour before event

When I create a new event on my iPhone: It saves with no alerts set, then after uploading to google calendar it shows as having two alerts 1 hour before the event. If I go into Google Calendar, it shows that 1 popup and 1 email are each set for 1 hour before the event.

When I create a new event on in Google Calendar: It saves with 1 popup and 1 email are each set for 1 hour before the event per the default settings. If I go to my iPhone, it shows that I have 2 alerts, both for 1 hour before the event.

So it seems that the iPhone is seeing both the popup and email alerts and creating two popup alerts on my phone!

Is there anyway to fix this? I've tried setting up the calendar on my iPhone through Gmail account, Exchange account and CalDav account and it's all the same.

Macbook (late 2007), Mac OS X (10.5.8), Dell Inspiron 6400, 2 iPhones

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 2:39 PM

1 reply

Nov 23, 2015 11:20 AM in response to nischwartz

I realize this is an old thread, but I'm experiencing the same issue. In the past, only popup alerts from Google Calendar would sync to my iPhone. Email alerts in Google Calendar would not be synced to the iPhone calendar. I would frequently create events in my Google Calendar with only email reminders because the events weren't time-sensitive. If the event was time-sensitive, I would also add a popup reminder. The popup reminder would then be synced to my iPhone and alert me at the time I had chosen.

Now it seems that the iPhone calendar sees any alerts from Google Calendar -- popup or email -- and creates popup alerts for them on my phone. I've not been able to come up with a fix for this yet.

iPhone 5s. iOS 9

Why am I getting double popup alerts for Google Calendar events on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.