Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ibooks author on ipad get wrong book

Hello,

I created book1.iba and sent to ipad as email. Opened in ibooks and everything is fine.

Now i copied book1.iba to book2.iba and made entire book. When I sent the book2.iba thru email ibooks open book1

Where wrong wire got attached and how to untangle this bug ?

Thanks. 😕

itunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:40 PM

9 replies

Jan 16, 2013 9:56 AM in response to K T

Yes I made copy of book1.iba drop to another folder and rename that to book2.iba.

Also when I open book2 in ipad that came as email attachement in ipad. I get bonus : study cards. (Something I marked in book1 but not exactly same as in book1)

I worked hard to create book2, it looks OK on on MAC but changes it attributes and look when open in ipad-ibooks.

Jan 17, 2013 2:04 PM in response to djking

I have similar issue. I think the culprit is when you duplicated from the first book, the iBook's hidden ID number remains the same on the second book. Therefore iBook App gets confuse because both have the same ID numbers. I think the remedy for this is to create a new book from the template instead of duplicate it from your previous book. So that iBook Author will randomly generate a new ID number for your second book and it won't conflict with your first book.

Jan 25, 2013 8:47 AM in response to Chiravouth Norodom

yes that worked!! The original was build off a template file. The new one I created I used a "save as" to create my new ibook.

So I didn't need to rebuild my books I created I opened them. Saved them out as a template file. Then open the template file and exported it as an ibook file again.

that did the trick. Tested on a few people now by sending out through dropbox

ibooks author on ipad get wrong book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.