Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can my parents see my texts on their Iphone that was only meant for a friend?

When I text some of my friends(not a group message) my mom gets text from both me and my friend. I have a seperate apple account, iphone, and different contacts. I dont know how to fix this but I just dont want them reading my texts. Thank you for any help in advance.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 7:42 PM

8 replies

Jan 15, 2013 7:52 PM in response to Antassantas

Because you are using the same Apple ID for iMessage. To fix this, on one of the phones go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive, tap the ID, sign out, then sign back in with a different ID. Or, on both your phone and your mom's phone, go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive and uncheck the email address shown under "You can be reached by iMessage at".

Sep 24, 2013 11:15 PM in response to randers4

I am having the same problem. I called AT&T and apple about it but my mom still gets my messages. I changed my apple ID and that didnt work so i went into her phone to uncheck my number but she went back and checked my number again to start getting my texts again. I dont know what to do, i'm 22 years old and i cant even figure this out. is there some way i can prevent her from doing this?? PLEASE HELP

Why can my parents see my texts on their Iphone that was only meant for a friend?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.