Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

whited00r iOS 4.3 download for Ipod 2g?

I and both kids have ipod 2g. So many apps. require iOS 4.3 update which we can not get because the ipod 2g is no longer supported by Apple. We can't really afford to buy new ipods. I found firmware called whited00r which has a download for older devices that is supposed to be like loading the iOS 4.3 update. Has anyone heard of it or tried it? Thanks for any info. you might have. 🙂

iPod touch, iOS 4.2

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 8:31 PM

8 replies

Jan 16, 2013 8:04 AM in response to soozoo22

This operation is a little complicated.

First, head to wherever your iTunes folder is. (Default is under my music)

Now, find the "mobile applications" folder.

Prepare a large portable hard drive or USB flash drive.

Now, cut the newer app versions to the hard drive or USB. (If there's Facebook 1.4 and 1.5 and 1.6, keep the 1.4. The earliest one) *keep only the earliest versions of each app*

Wait for them all to cut the the hard drive or USB, and fire up iTunes. Try to sync and see if it complains about iOS 4.3 and all that. Note: don't upgrade the apps or this will have to be done again.

Jan 17, 2013 11:21 AM in response to IPad117

The aps that were missing are restored and they seem to be working fine. Doing this made me think I should copy my library periodically just in case the PC ever blows so I did that too. I also adjusted the preferences. Not sure but I think that at some point, maybe when I updated iTunes last, the preferences were reset. I had everyone set to sync manually with automatic transfer of purchases since we all have different aps., music, etc. and they were on automatic again. With multiple ipods on the same iTunes that can cause some problems. We won't be able to purchase aps. that require upgrades beyond the 4.2.1 but we can still continue to use what we have. I appreciate your help. Thank you very much 🙂

whited00r iOS 4.3 download for Ipod 2g?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.