Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match with 2 different apple IDs and crossing 2 devices!

iTunes is on my PC and accessible thru my apple ID. My partner has a new iPad and it is registered under her apple ID. I have signed up to iTunes Match in the hope that we can access the iTunes library on my PC on her iPad thru iCloud. Is this possible?

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 3:21 AM

7 replies

Jan 17, 2013 2:19 AM in response to Ragged Robin

On the iPad go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores and sign in with your iTunes Store Apple ID. However, and you need to pay attention to this... your partner will now be locked out of her iTunes Store account for 90 days. If she signs out of your account and in with hers all the iTunes Match content will disappear.

Any purchases she makes will be on your account on your credit card and will then belong to you. They will not be her purchases.

Jan 17, 2013 4:42 AM in response to Michael Allbritton

Brilliant thanks so much. We can now access our music on our new iPad.

One last question, we have just also invested a new laptop, unfortunately couldn't quite stretch to an iMac. Can you advise how we transfer our iTunes library onto our new laptop from the old PC. I thought we could do it by saving it to our portable hard drive and then install on to new laptop. It doesn't seem to want to work. I really will think you are a genius if you can solve this one too!

Thanks again

iTunes Match with 2 different apple IDs and crossing 2 devices!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.