Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to install MS Office University 2010 on Windows 8 via Parallels 8?

I have the macbook pro retina (mid 2012) and im trying to do the above. I only have a product key of Office which I bought online and I dont know

how i can install it to Parallels. I tried to download the Office from the Microsoft website and it sent me the .exe file and tried to download with Parallels.

AS I download its trying to convert it and gives me an error conversion. Im lost. Please help me.. Thanks a lot!

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 1:33 AM

4 replies

Jan 16, 2013 1:45 AM in response to jace9

Simple you start your VM of Windows, Have the downloaded .ISO or .EXE file of the Office install files and just run it from Windows. If it is an ISO file you may first have to load that on a USB thumb drive using something like ISO to USB program. That is found on the Web by doing a Google search for "ISO to USB".

Then once the install of OIffice starts it may ask for the key or it will ask for it the first time you start one of the Office programs. Type in the key you have.

How to install MS Office University 2010 on Windows 8 via Parallels 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.