Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get Antispyware and Antvirus on iPad?

I know you CAN get antivirus and anti-spyware/anti-malware, even though it's said to not be necessary for IOS products. Could someone please tell me how to download this software to my iPad.

Thanks.

iMac (20-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 6:55 AM

12 replies

Oct 6, 2017 10:31 PM in response to Michael Black

Ummm, I keep hearing this over and over on what to do to prevent the problem... I however, was in a relationship for many years and he shared my phone... So, he knew my Apple ID and password... We broke up and I never even thought about it being a problem... I’m trying to find a way to get the program off my phone... I am absolutely positive that he has spyware on my phone… I have done all of the security suggestions to protect from other people getting in my phone... I have my phone locked, all my notification settings turned to just sound and badges, so they are not going to my history, or to be viewed on my lock screen, so there’s no way for anyone to get into the phone... I have passwords, and fingerprints on just about everything I can think of, and then some... However, does not stop him from getting my new Apple ID because he can log my keystrokes... Even when I update, he still has a way to get into my phone… I was thinking about getting a file extractor software program to extract all my files to see if I can find the software that way however I really wouldn’t know how to differentiate between legitimate and spyware… So please give me some names of programs that I can purchase to accomplish this... I want him out of my business

Oct 6, 2017 11:10 PM in response to MichelPM

My advice to you, IF your personal breach of security on your iDevices or computer is THAT severe?

Forget all the apps you ever purchased and create a new Apple ID and password.

You'll have to repurchase all your apps, but maybe small price to be free of this type of personal security breach.

If you are paranoid that this person has access to key logging software, then you should purchase a brand new MODEM/router.

Set that up with new security ID and password that this person can't figure out and set the MODEM software firewalls for better security levels.

This person can't log your keystrokes if they can't penetrate your MODEM/router!

Never give out your User IDs and passwords to ANYONE and if you think someone has got these ID's and passwords, change them out immediately, if not sooner!

Jan 16, 2013 7:09 AM in response to makey

There's no need for a anti-virus app unless your iPad was hacked or jailbroken.

There is no known virus on the iPad.

All apps runs in a sand-boxed environment including the anti-virus app so it cannot scan other apps to be effective. Go buy an Android tablet if you want an anti-virus app. You do need it there.

Jan 16, 2013 7:15 AM in response to makey

There is no true anti-virus, anti-spyware, or anti-malware on non-jailbroken iOS for several reasons:

1. iOS does not permit Apps to have the low-level OS access that would be necessary for such S/W.

2. iOS design isolates Apps from one another for security

3. iOS Apps are only available from the App store

4. There is no virus, spyware, etc. that affects the iPad

There are a couple of products that tout these capabilities but all they really do is check the content of e-mails received by the iPad to see if they contain known PC-virus, PC-malware, etc. The idea is that this will help prevent the spread of this malware to other computers.

For example of this see here:

http://www.intego.com/business/mac-virusbarrier-ios

Jan 16, 2013 7:54 AM in response to ckuan

Thanks for your reply, I'll take your advice.

I would however like to understand about the mention in yours and the other replies:-

What does 'hacked' or 'jailbreak' mean, how would I (or anyone else) do this without me knowing?

How can I check to see if my iPad has been hacked or jailbreaked and, if it has, how would I remove them?

Jan 16, 2013 8:02 AM in response to makey

makey wrote:

What does 'hacked' or 'jailbreak' mean, how would I (or anyone else) do this without me knowing?

How can I check to see if my iPad has been hacked or jailbreaked and, if it has, how would I remove them?

See the post from Dartiesdad for jailbreak.

If you keep the device to yourself and not lent in out, it impossible to jailbreak. So be mindful to who else is using it.

How can I get Antispyware and Antvirus on iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.