Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone photo stream not working

Hi,

A few days ago I discovered that Photo Stream has stopped working between me and my wife. She has an iPhone 4, I have an iPhone 4S, we both run iOS 6.0.1

We have each set up a Photo Stream and invited each other to them so that we can share pictures with each other. This worked flawlessly before but 2 days ago it stoped working with us changing nothing. Apple says the Photo Stream is online and the lack of discussions on tech blogs tells me this is not a general problem. But it is still a problem for us.

My wife even tried removing me from the Photo Stream she had set up for me and then re-invited me but I never even got the invitation.

Has anyone else run into this problem? How did you solve it.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 12:40 AM

Solved!

Turns out all we had to do was to reboot both our phones. I restart my iPhone so seldom that the solution didn't come to me until yesterday evening.

Still hope Apple fixes the root cause because it's annoying having to reboot stuff to get it to work, seems too much like Windows.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2013 12:40 AM in response to Zeatrix

Solved!

Turns out all we had to do was to reboot both our phones. I restart my iPhone so seldom that the solution didn't come to me until yesterday evening.

Still hope Apple fixes the root cause because it's annoying having to reboot stuff to get it to work, seems too much like Windows.

Jan 18, 2013 10:29 AM in response to Zeatrix

Actually, it might now have.

Today my wife tried sending me 2 pictures with on the photo stream she shares with me and they never showed up. After I got home I tried rebooting both phones again but this time that didn't solve it. This is starting to annoy me. I mean the thing about Apple stuff is that it's supposed to "just work". I'm seeing more and more examples of that not holding true.

iphone photo stream not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.